Monday 16 November 2009

two carts

"Two Wagons" is a small 35 second animation I created in 2004. At the time I was interested in attempting to create a computer project that looked at the history of an area to show how an area had grown and developed over time. It may look odd setting historical figures in a modern setting but I did not want to jeopardise any funding that may have been forthcoming at the time by being seen to be already working on the proposed project.

I had wanted to prove to myself that I could animate a horse walking, which proved to be far harder then I had at first imagined. Luckily help was at hand through the work of Eadweard Moybridge the eminent pioneering Edwardian photographer who had published a series of photographs of horse movements in order to win a wager that when running a horse always had one "hoof" in contact with the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment